The University Center of Distrito Federal – UDF is reference in higher education under and graduate degrees, also over the quality of projects and educational services provided.
Founded in 1967 it is the first private institution of higher education in the capital of Brazil, recognized for its tradition in teaching, extensions and researches programms. Currently UDF has over 10,000 students and excellent rates of assessment by the Ministry of Education.
Since 2008 UDF is part of the Cruzeiro do Sul Group, which nowadays has about 100,000 students and great potential for internationalization.
On-site graduate courses offered by UDF are: Administration, Architecture and Urbanism, Bio-Sciences, Political Science, Accounting, Law, Physical Education, Nursing, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Psychology, International Relations, Information Systems , Systems Analysis and Development, Human Resources Management and Public Administration. Moreover, we offer numerous of distance learning courses.
The lato sensu postgraduate courses offered by UDF are in the following areas: Business Administration, Life and Health, Law, Education and Educational Psychology, Exact and Technology, and Social Sciences and Gastronomy.
The main Research areas are: Public Health, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Applications: Innovation, Management and Education; Violence, Social and Human Rights.
Conselho Nacional das Instituições da Rede Federal de Educação Profissional, Científica e Tecnológica (CONIF)
State: Distrito Federal Responsible: Jerônimo Rodrigues da Silva Email: email@example.com Phone: (61) 3966-7201 http://portal.conif.org.br/br/
The National Council of the Federal Network of Vocational, Scientific and Technological Education (Conif) is an instance of discussion, proposition and promotion of development policies in the vocational and technological education, research and innovation. It acts on the debate and defense of free public education of excellence.
Some of Conif’s objectives are the valuation, strengthening and the consolidation of 41 congregated institutions – 38 Federal Institutes of Education, Science and Technology, 2 Federal Centers of Technological Education (Cefets) and Pedro II School -that together, count more than 600 units all over Brazil.
Responsible for providing support and orientation to the network, Conif works continuously to improve the infrastructure and working conditions of the employees. It also promotes strategical actions to strengthen the institutions internationalization by moving towards closer relations with other countries and consolidating technical cooperation.
Conif develops studies and projects through events as congresses, conferences, seminars and meetings. It also encourages the exchange of information and experiences in the Federal Network as well as with education, research and extension institutions, cultural, scientific and technological entities, both national and foreign. Furthermore, Conif executes articulations with several public organizations and the civil society.
To strengthen the institutions of the Federal Network, through its articulation and political representation, for the benefit of free public vocational, scientific and technological education, and of socially referenced quality.
To be recognized nationally and internationally as an articulator of innovative, inclusive, vocational, scientific and technological education.
Union, democratic management, sustainability, equity, transparency, ethics and solidarity.
Universidade Católica de Brasília (UCB)
State: Distrito Federal Responsible: Creomar de Souza Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +55 61 3356-9795 http://www.ucb.br/ari
The University of Brasilia offers free public education of excellence for Brazilian and foreign students, with a humanistic, embracive and plural perspective of citizens\' rights. Our goals and our mission are to be a reference in teaching, research and community projects, contributing to global knowledge in an interconnected world.
- The University of Brasilia was created in 1962 following the joint vision of the anthropologist Darcy Ribeiro and the educator Anísio Teixeira.
- Its conception came from the same revolutionary spirit that gave rise to the federal capital, Brasília: to renew the methods of learning and to teach towards the future.
- Dedicated to the promotion of free, inclusive and high-quality education, UnB is among the best universities in Brazil.
- Its institutional mission is to produce, integrate and disseminate knowledge, and to educate citizens to be committed to ethics, social responsibility and sustainable development.
- In 1995, the university was the first in the country to offer a three-stage entrance exam (Serial Evaluation Program – PAS), with tests for candidates at the end of each year of high school.
- In 2003, UnB was the first Brazilian federal university to approve affirmative action for black and indigenous applicants.
- The University of Brasilia has the highest rating in the Brazilian Ministry of Education\'s General Course Index.
- It is among the 11 best higher education institutions in Brazil.
- It has the largest conglomerate of academic facilities in the Brazilian Center-West region, with four campuses in the Federal District.
- It has 26 institutes and schools, with 53 departments.
- It offers 136 face-to-face undergraduate programs, 86 master\'s degree programs and 68 doctoral degree programs.
- It also offers distance learning degrees and graduate certificates for more than 20 municipalities, in the five regions of Brazil, through the Open University of Brazil.